Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Oh shit

From Their Eyes Were Watching God question paper:
"You have read a variety of novels and plays in your junior year. Develop a comparison of ideas or characters of these works"
Okay, Mrs. Johnson. Except that we didn't read a variety of plays and novels. We read The Scarlet Letter and that's it. I'm sure I can compare Hester Prynne to Janie Whatsherface but I don't think that's going to be enough.

I'm about half way through Their Eyes Were Watching God. I haven't started my chapter summaries yet because I can't be bothered to stop after every chapter. I suppose after I read the book I can go on SparkNotes and summarize their summaries.

I also haven't started my Life of Pi questions yet because frankly, I have no idea what that book was trying to tell me. I really don't care either.

This isn't good, internet. School starts in five days and I have accomplished nothing. Kaitlin, how far are you into the summer homework?

Oh well, Roseanne is about to come on. She'll kiss the pain away.

6 comments:

Kaitlin said...

Hahahahahahahahahaha
I have flipped through sparknotes, enotes, and whatever notes I could find on Life of Pi (I also read the first fifty pages).
I'm thinking that if maybe I could do the fiction story I shouldn't be total dead meat. Too bad I haven't a thing to write about.
Did we even read Scarlet Letter? I mean, sure it was assigned, but the test was pulled from the internet, and we not once discussed the book. We just read essays, and more essays, and the occasional poems in place of the essays.

Kelsey said...

True. And I know I only read sparknotes so again, it won't help me much.

Kaitlin said...

We're just a little screwed.

Joseph said...

Here are a few tips for ruths class.

1. You are fucked because Mrs. Rash is a terrible teacher. Admit it.

2. DO NOT USE SPARK NOTES! The woman has been around the block and knows those summaries back and front. She can smell those summaries.

3. I personally helped write that last question. Sorry. According to several sources you guys read books in that class. Sorry about your curriculum choices.

4. I apologize for sounding like a jerk.

5. I'm going to e-mail you both exactly what life of pi is about and all the important things in the book. Important pages, quotes etc.

I need e-mails.

Kelsey said...

1. I'm starting to agree
2. I won't
3. This can be tied into #1
4. You don't
5. Thank you! kelseyjackson859@yahoo.com

You are a gentleman and a scholar, Joseph.

Kaitlin said...

1. Happens. *sigh*
2. I was desperate. >.>
3. Yeah, well. Rash didn't do much.
4. Oh, honey, you don't.
5. I'm starting on finding quotes for my questions that you helped me out on.

My hero.