Tuesday, December 9, 2008

I Have Returned

Oh yes, Internet. Instead of completing Scarlet Letter questions/applying to college/getting a job, I have decided to spend all of my time on the sweet, loving, maternal world wide web. It's a great idea, really. The internet doesn't make me read horribly overwritten literature. The internet doesn't ask me what my major will be. The internet doesn't tell me to shower. No, the internet welcomes me with a warm embrace, all the while stroking my hair and whispering sweet nothings into my ear.

I actually have been applying to college. Hunter College, Pace University, Marymount Manhattan, and Eugene Lang College. All in New York City. When I tell people this, they usually reply with "You're not staying in Kentucky? What? Me no understand. Everyone stays in Kentucky. Why?" Which is exactly the reason I am leaving*.

I have a Speech and Drama Christmas Extravaganza tomorrow. The required outfit is black pants and a red shirt. Unfortunately , I owned neither, so I kindly asked my mother to go and buy something cheap. She ended up buying me pants at the local K-Mart that look like this:

The thing I love most about my mother is that she has a keen eye for fashion. These are fucking classy! They're like a cross between leggings and the pants that a husky third grader would wear (aka exactly my style!)

Oh and Joel Mchale will be at The Taft January 18th. And I will be there seducing him with my eyes.


*How embarrassing would it be for me if I didn't get into any of those colleges and was forced to go to Northern Kentucky University?

2 comments:

Joseph said...

Triumphant returnzorx!!!

Kaitlin said...

I like the way you take life. Screw priorites- let's get to the important stuff... like Joel McHale. Who I'll do my very best to see on January 18th oogling.